Why Advanced Placement?
- AP courses give students the chance to tackle college-level work while they're still in high school and earn college credit
- AP courses are the most challenging curriculum at Lyman HS and look great on college applications
- Students earn extra weighting toward their GPA when earning an A, B, or C
- AP is a national program, so colleges around the country award credit for a passing score
Virtual School Students
If you are taking an AP course with Florida Virtual School, students MUST notify the AP Testing Coordinators by November 1, 2020 using the form sent to you by your virtual school teacher.
- AP Students (Collegeboard.org resource site)
- AP Bulletin for Students and Parents
- AP Testing Guide for Students
- AP Credit Policy (check to see if which colleges will accept your AP score toward college credit)