WE ARE a 2019 Magnet School of Distinction
Congratulations to our dedicated group of leaders in the Academy of Engineering!
Would you please join me in congratulating our Academy of Engineering program for once again earning the Magnet Schools of America’s Magnet School of Distinction award! This is an incredible honor that was earned by an outstanding group of teachers (listed below) that are the most creative and caring teachers who put a lot of passion into their teaching, and their curriculum in order to support the career aspirations of our young engineers. I couldn’t be more proud of the work they are doing in the Academy of Engineering! Here is more information on the Merit Awards as stated in the Press Release!
To receive a national merit award, members of Magnet Schools of America must submit a detailed application that is scored by a panel of educators. These schools are judged and scored on their demonstrated ability to raise student academic achievement, promote racial and socioeconomic diversity, provide integrated curricula and instruction, and create strong family and community partnerships that enhance the school’s magnet theme. To learn more about the national merit awards program, please visit www.magnet.edu
Congratulations, well done!
Here are the teachers in the Academy of Engineering!
- Jesse Carreiro – Aerospace Engineering and Engineering Design & Development (Program Facilitator)
- Suzanne Davis – Introduction to Engineering Design & Environmental Sustainability (Curriculum Leader)
- Jeanine Valiquet – Introduction to Engineering Design & Civil Engineering
- Michael Blizard – Principles of Engineering & AP Computer Science
- Mary Acken – Engineering Design & Development and AP Computer Science
- Adam Hayden – Robotics
- Nathalie Cumbie – Academy of Engineering Supervisor
Lyman High School