Bus and Parent Lines | Parking Decal Information
IMPORTANT UPDATE: DUE TO THE DELAY IN SCHOOL OPENING UNTIL AUGUST 17, DECAL PICK UP TIMES HAVE CHANGED.
IMPORTANT UPDATE: DUE TO THE DELAY IN SCHOOL OPENING UNTIL AUGUST 17, DECAL PICK UP TIMES HAVE CHANGED. PLEASE READ THE APPLICATION CAREFULLY. PAYMENT WILL BE COLLECTED AFTER THE APPLICATION IS APPROVED.
Parents and Students,
We are excited to announce that construction of the new Career & Technical Education (CTE) building has begun. With the construction set to last the entire 2020-2021 school, many changes will take place regarding campus traffic flow and parking. It is vital that you read all communication regarding accessing the campus, parking on campus, student pick-up and drop-off instructions and bus ramp information.
Until the CTE building is done please note the follow:
Bus Traffic Pattern/Pick Up/Drop Off
Buses will enter the campus using Marvin Street and will drive along the back of the school, exiting on Dog Track Road. Morning drop off of bus riders will occur behind Building 9 and 10 and along the side of Building 12 (Mulitpurpose Gym). In the afternoon, buses will line up starting at the Dog Track gate and along the back of the school. Map of campus.jpg
Parent Drop-off and Pick-Up Lines
Parents will have two locations to drop students off in the morning and pick students up in the afternoon. Like last year, the drop-off location on the south side of the campus, along building 3. In addition, there will be a second drop-off/pick-up location by the auditorium. Parents and students will access the campus off of Ronald Reagan. Parents will drop students off then follow the flow of traffic to exit onto Ronald Reagan (see map). Parents cannot enter the campus from Dog Track Road. This is a construction road and the bus exit. Parents may not enter the campus from Marvin street. This is the bus entrance. Map of campus.jpg
All student parking will be on the north side of the campus (Lot C, D, E, F and G). Students parking on campus will enter the campus from the Ronald Reagan entrance near the auditorium where buses previously dropped students off. (See map). Students may not enter the campus using Dog Track Road. Students with parking spaces in Lots, F and G, may enter the campus from Marvin street.
Due to the limited amount of parking spaces, our first phase of parking sales will be for seniors only. Parking spaces will be sold on a first come first serve basis and will be sold only ONLINE via eCampus with payments processed electronically through the MySchoolBucks application. Parking decals will be available for purchase for $70.00. No half year spaces will be sold. All vehicles will be assigned a space number that will either be located on a hard surface parking lot or in the grass parking lots (Map of Lots). Students cannot change spaces once they are assigned. A total of 250 spaces are available for sale.
The amount of senior spaces that are available for painting will be limited. Painted spaces will be determined on first come first serve bases once the completed Parking Application packet and Sketch Form is submitted and approved.Painted spaces will have an additional $30 fee payable to PTSA on the day of painting. Currently 182 spaces are available for painting.
In order to park on campus, students must complete the PARKING APPLICATION PACKET under ASSIGNMENTS. No incomplete applications will be considered for a parking decal. Once it is verified that students have paid all debt, paid the parking fee and submitted ALL documents, students will receive an email from Ms. Cotter or Ms. Bennett with a space location and space number.
* NOTE: If the vehicle is sold or becomes undriveable, remove the parking decal and return it to the Bookkeeper where it will be exchanged for a new decal for $5.00. Lost decals are replaced at the full cost of $70.00.
- Parking decal sale July 20-31, decal pick up starts August 17 – August 21, 2020
Juniors – If spaces are available:
- Parking decal sale August 5 – August 12, 2020
Decal pick up – August 24 – 27, 2020
Cars decal enforcement begins August 31, 2020
PARKING CODE OF CONDUCT
- Parking on campus is a privilege, which can be taken away for non compliance of the District Code of Conduct. Parking decals are assigned to an individual and their car. Decals are non transferable between cars and/or individuals.
- Students that buy a space and then do not park in the space due to 10 or more absences in a nine week period (excluding medical reasons), will lose the privilege of parking on campus. No refund will be given and the space will go to the next person on the waiting list.
- Due to the limited parking spaces, staff, subs and visitors will also be assigned numbered parking spaces. Students parked in a staff assigned spot, a visitor spot, on non-grass parking lots or on sidewalks or roadways will receive receive consequences as stated below.
- Students parked in a NO PARKING ZONE or in the bus lanes will be towed without warning.
- Adhere to the campus-wide 15 miles per hour speed limit.
Students parking on campus WITHOUT a decal or for infractions listed above, will receive the following consequences:
- 1st Offense: Warning sticker placed on the driver’s window.
- 2nd Offense: Warning sticker placed on the driver’s window and parent contacted. A discipline referral will be written and recorded.
- 3rd Offense: Vehicle towed at the owner’s expense.
We are excited to open the school year and have students back on campus; however, due to COVID-19, we are putting processes in place for safety reasons. Purchasing your parking decal is an automated system now. Please follow the instructions carefully. If you have questions, you may email me. Thank you