Steps to a Successful Registration
In order to properly register for the upcoming school year, it is recommended that you carefully follow each of these steps:
- Use the Lyman Curriculum Guide including the comprehensive course listing on the last page.
- Carefully read the curriculum guide to explore the various course offerings.
- Talk with your parents, teachers, and your school counselor to gather information about what is the most appropriate course of study for you.
- Engineering Students—If you have been accepted to the Academy of Engineering, visit the FAQ page for specific information on incoming 9th grade registration.
- 8th grade students zoned to attend Lyman next year will receive a registration card from their middle school. Once complete with all signatures, students should return the card to their middle school.
- Current 9th – 11th grade Lyman students will be provided with a planning sheet to help them plan out their courses for next year. These students will have their core courses pre-populated in Skyward based on the appropriate course progressions and teacher recommendations. Students will bring their planning sheet to the Media Center through Science classes in February to enter their electives and finalize their course requests.
- Students who score a level 1 or 2 on the FSA reading will be placed in an intensive reading course for the next school year.
- Course selections will determine instructional staffing for the year, so please select your courses carefully, making sure you read the course description prior to signing up. Once you select your courses, you may not be able to change your mind.