LYMAN HIGH SCHOOL
PRINCIPAL’S WEEKLY UPDATE
May 19, 2019
Good Evening parents, this is Mr. Rice, Principal of Lyman High School and this is your Principal’s Weekly Update!
Greyhounds, this is the last full week of school! Let’s make it a great one by studying for your exams, making positive choices to finish out the year, and taking time to get any late work submitted if approved by the teacher. You have worked hard and deserve a nice break for the summer, but first, let’s finish strong over these last 6 days of school!
Here are a few items that you will need to be aware of as we begin this last week.
TESTING THIS WEEK – MAKE-UP EXAMS & 4th QUARTER EXAM SCHEDULE
For the most part, State Testing and AP Testing has been completed. This week, our goal is to administer tests to any students who have yet to take their FSA ELA 9/10, FSA Algebra, FSA Geometry, EOC Biology, or EOC US History Exam.
This week, we will also begin our 4th Quarter Exams for our underclassmen. To view the schedule, click HERE.
- Monday – 5/20/19 – Regular Blue Day – 1,3,7,5 - Make-Up Day – FSA/EOC Testing
- Tuesday – 5/21/19 – Adjusted Gold Day - PERIOD 7 EXAM – Attend Periods 2, 7, 4, 6 with Lunch based off of 4th period.
- Wednesday – 5/22/19 – Regular Wednesday Schedule – Periods 1-6 – NO EXAMS
- Thursday – 5/23/19 – Half Day – NO BACKPACKS – PERIOD 1 & 2 EXAM – Students dismissed at 11:45am
- Friday – 5/24/19 – Half Day – NO BACKPACKS – PERIOD 3 & 4 EXAM – Students dismissed at 11:45am
- Monday - 5/27/19 – NO SCHOOL – MEMORIAL DAY
- Tuesday - 5/28/19 – Half Day – NO BACKPACKS – PERIOD 5 & 6 EXAM – Students dismissed at 11:45am
NO BACKPACKS/BAGS – LAST THREE DAYS
Just as we do every year, we do not allow students on campus with a backpack or a bag for the last three days of school. This begins on Thursday, May 23rd. Any bags brought on campus will be confiscated and held in the administration office until the end of the day.
Students should clean out their locker by Wednesday afternoon. Once the locker is cleaned, students should lock the lock on the locker, but leave the door open to show that the locker is cleaned out.
ADVERTISE IN THE 2019-20 LYMAN FOOTBALL PROGRAM
Promote your business and/or recognize your student(s) with an ad in the Lyman Football Program. They are available for purchase at every home football game and advertisers are recognized during games. Business-card sized ads start at just $50 (individuals) and $55 (renewing businesses). Ads are due July 30, 2019. Questions? Contact WeAreLyman@gmail.com.
Our graduation ceremony is Tuesday at 9:00am! We are proud of our graduates and would love to share the ceremony with you. The ceremony will be live streamed at the following link.
SUMMER SCHOOL – BEGINS 5/31/19
Just a reminder, Summer School begins May 31st. For additional details, please visit the school website’s Academics Page and click on Summer School.
THIS WEEK’S BELL SCHEDULE
Click HERE for the Blue/Gold Calendar.
Click HERE for our Bell Schedules including PAWS Period.
Monday – 5/20/19 – Regular Blue Day – 1,3,7,5 – FSA/EOC Make-Up Testing Day
Tuesday – 5/21/19 – Adjusted Gold Day - PERIOD 7 EXAM – Attend Periods 2, 7, 4, 6 with Lunch based off of 4th period.
Wednesday – 5/22/19 – Regular Wednesday Schedule – Periods 1-6 – NO EXAMS
Thursday – 5/23/19 – Half Day – NO BACKPACKS – PERIOD 1 & 2 EXAM – Students dismissed at 11:45am - To view the schedule, click HERE.
Friday – 5/24/19 – Half Day – NO BACKPACKS – PERIOD 3 & 4 EXAM – Students dismissed at 11:45am - To view the schedule, click HERE.
Monday - 5/27/19 – NO SCHOOL – MEMORIAL DAY
Tuesday - 5/28/19 – Half Day – NO BACKPACKS – PERIOD 5 & 6 EXAM – Students dismissed at 11:45am - To view the schedule, click HERE.
Wednesday – 5/29/19 - ENJOY YOUR SUMMER!
Thursday –5/30/19 - ENJOY YOUR SUMMER!
Friday – 5/31/19 - Summer School Begins!
IMPORTANT UPCOMING DATES
(Visit the Lyman Activity Calendar for more information)
- Graduation – May 21, 2019 – 9:00am – Addition (CFE) Arena at UCF
- Underclassmen Exam Schedule/Half Days of School – May 21 (Full Day), 23, 24, 28 (Half Days) – Release at 11:45am – Click HERE for the exam calendar.
- Last Day of School – May 28, 2019
- Summer School Begins – May 31, 2019
Remember, you matter, we matter, Everyone Matters at Lyman High School. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help your child succeed!
Michael J. Rice
Lyman High School