LYMAN HIGH SCHOOL
PRINCIPAL’S WEEKLY UPDATE
December 9, 2018
Good evening parents, this is Mr. Rice, Principal of Lyman High School and this is your Principal’s Weekly Update!
Congratulations to our Band, Dance, and Colorguard Students for an outstanding Showcase Concert Thursday Night!
Congratulations to our Senior Men’s and Women’s Soccer players who celebrated Senior Night last week! It was a great showing of the dedication put forth by these students over the past 4 years!
WAY TO GO THESPIANS!
In my previous message, I did not have all of the details of the Thespian District Awards and would like to recognize our students. Congratulations to the following!
- For the 8th year in a row, Lyman High School and Troupe 2329 won "Most Caring Troupe" for raising the most amount of money for Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS! Way to go, Maitland Cotton, our Philanthropy Chair!
- ONE ACT AWARDS:
- Our One Act version of Oedipus the King (which was adapted by the students of my Repertory Theatre Class) received STRAIGHT SUPERIORS across the board, and was ranked 4th in the District!
- Best Prompt Book! (way to go, Kate Gershkoff, Stage Manager!)
- Best Ensemble in District 3 went to our Greek Chorus!
- All Star Cast Member: AJ Monroe
- All Star Crew Member: Anna Thorne
- INDIVIDUAL EVENTS:
- Halle Smith won "Best of Show" Makeup Design, and then was also voted "Critic's Choice Tech" (which means the best technical event of the entire festival!). See her handy work here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bm8YvmJW9AI&t=13s
STADIUM CONSTRUCTION PROJECT
As previously mentioned, the stadium project kicks off this week. This includes brand new bleachers and a press box, new LED Field Lights, and expanded track from 7-lanes to 8-lanes, and a new entrance with a 4-window Ticket Booth. Please be on the lookout for an informational email regarding the necessary changes to our campus flow that parents and students will need to pay attention to.
Our next Paws Period will take place this week, December 12th. Click HERE for the Paws Period Bell Schedule.
Our next Senior Lunch (breakfast for this one) will take place Thursday, December 13th. All seniors who have submitted their paperwork and have been approved will be able to enjoy breakfast with their fellow seniors, but they must be on campus no later than the start of 3rd period.
2nd QUARTER EXAMS
Our 2nd Quarter Exams begin December 17th. Click HERE to view the schedule
THIS WEEK’S BELL SCHEDULE
Click HERE for the Blue/Gold Calendar.
Click HERE for our Bell Schedules including PAWS Period.
- Monday BLUE Day – Periods 1, 3, 7, 5 - Lunch based on 7th period
- Tuesday GOLD Day – Periods 2, 4, 7, 6 - Lunch based on 7th period
- Wednesday RED Day – Periods 1-6 – PAWS Period after 2nd – Lunch Based on 4th Period - Click HERE for the Paws Period Bell Schedule.
- Thursday BLUE Day – Periods 1, 3, 7, 5 - Lunch based on 7th period
- Friday GOLD Day – Periods 2, 4, 7, 6 - Lunch based on 7th period
IMPORTANT UPCOMING DATES
(Visit the Lyman Activity Calendar for more information)
- Paws Period – December 12 - Click HERE for our Bell Schedules including PAWS Period
- Senior Lunch – December 13 – Arrive in time to begin 3rd period
- Quarter 2 Exams – December 17-20 – Click HERE to view the schedule
- Half Days – Decmeber 18-20 – Students Dismissed at 11:45am
- Winter Break – December 21-January 6th – Students Return January 7th
- Light Up Lyman – January 31, 6:00pm
- Advanced Placement Night – February 4, 2018 – Incoming 9th Graders and 1st Time AP Takers Only
Remember, you matter, we matter, Everyone Matters at Lyman High School. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help your child succeed!
Michael J. Rice
Lyman High School